November 10, 2006

Hope Springs Eternal


For my two parents and my third reader, I apologize that I haven't written much in the last month. Stuffed from Ramadan and in a funk after an Ayn Rand novel, I have taken some time off to continue my english teaching, start up squash and chess with Graham, and shuffle back and forth to the Parks dept 40 km away. It's mid November, but I'm still swimming in the river at my site, which is currently flooded from heavy rains. It's as green now as it was in May. The temperature at midday is probably 70 F, with it dropping down to maybe 50 in the evenings. Anyways, I promise to post more next Tues.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What kind of a plant is this? It is gorgeous! Missed you last night - but you were close to us in thought!
M

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! What a plant--I love it!!