November 13, 2006

Visiting Me

For those who may visit me next year, here’s a itinerary that we might follow. Morocco has recently been brought into European air space, allowing travelers to find cheap budget flights from airlines like EasyJet or JetBlue. I heard one person found a round trip ticket from NY-Mellila for $500. That’s more likely a one way price.

*Mellila- Fly into this Spanish provence on the Mediterranean coast.
*My Site- Drop off 30 lbs of peanut butter, oatmeal, and ranch dressing, 40 books, and spend 3-4 days in my community.
*Taza- home to some of the largest caves in Africa
*Fes- a UNESCO world heritage site and the cultural capital.
*Sefrou- Jewish community
*Azrou/Ifrane- beautiful hiking and waterfalls
*Volubilis- ancient Roman ruins
*Rabat- the capital
*Tangiers- international city. Europe is visible across the Strait of Gibraltar.
*Chefchaouen -- a small, old city in the Rif Mountains.
*Essaouria- best beach city with white sand.
*Marrakech- most well known tourist destination; diverges all of Morocco’s cultures.
*Merzouga- one of the doors into the Sahara. Home to large sand dunes. Camel riding
*London/Madrid- If you take a return flight from either city, I hope you’ll let me bum along, paying for my hotel room and my $4 cup of coffee.

Most of the traveling can be done via train, which is nice and safe. Otherwise, there are nice buses available to all of these destinations. One of the attributes that I like about Graham is that he likes to travel but he doesn’t like to travel. While Josh could spend all day climbing rocks and camping in trees, Graham and I are in agreement about taking it a little easier. Hiking is nice when you can look forward to a hotel room at the end of the day. So if you want to visit and put me up in hotels with mints on the pillows for most of the trip, I won’t complain.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this our itinerary? Can you travel with us the entire time? We are ready to make reservations. . .
M

Anonymous said...

Zac--I am noticing from your photos quite a varity of dress for the women. From covered faces to jeans and sweaters. Is it changing? Maybe a womens lib thing? Just wondering.
A.C. --that will be me from now on
Love
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Zac, I kept typing in the wrong address so I couldn't view your site. Sounds like you've been keeping busy. I would love to come see you although I don't think Leah would enjoy the flight. She is now 13 1/2 months and walking, talking(kind of),and getting in to everything. As for me, I'm wrapping up ANOTHER semester and Sonya is still working at the hospital. We are both doing well and keeping busy . When you get a chance email me sometime.

Jay
jtj4444@ksu.edu