October 4, 2006

Ramble bamble jamble

-Thanks to my grandmas again for their letters a week. Graham just shakes his head with jealousy every time we go into the post office. Grandma Ocie, I received your Turkish cookbook and find it more than adaptable. Thanks. All the ingredients are available to me and there’s no instructions like “preheat your oven.” I don’t know how you preheat a bbq grill with 4 enclosed aluminum walls.

-I also received a package from Mom and Dad. Racquetballs, t-shirt, contacts, cards, etc. Thanks. Playing racquetball with beach paddles inside the house is one way to pass the time. And who knew that Uno would be so popular? It’s a challenger to Rummy at the taxi stand now.

-To a few friends that keep sending me football and baseball teasers, thanks for remembering me. Hope you enjoy those election commercials that break up the games.

-I love the story of Ray LaMontagne, a musician whose debut CD “Trouble” is new to me, although it came out two years ago. He was a quiet man working nights at a shoe factory and he woke up one day to an Allman Brothers tune on the radio. He told himself “I need to learn how to play guitar because this makes me happy.” A year later, he put out a fine CD. Last month he released his sophomore album.

No comments: