July 30, 2006

Peace Corps Mars


Here's a photo of my new house that I'll be squating in for the next two years. While behind me in this photo is an oasis, this is the rockiest terrain I've seen so far in country. A nice place; has two bedrooms, a living room (my bike/hand ball room- although my mother warned me just last week about playing games inside), two bathrooms, a kitchen, and a terrace. The terrace is the nice feature now. With a little shade and wind, reading or thinking can be pleasant there during midday. The current temperature here is probably 90-100 F, comparable to home (I only got 1). Down south, in places like Ouarazate and Tata it can reach 140 F. A friend told me at his site yesterday it was 115 F in the shade. I responded by sending photos of my river and pool. No, I didn't do that. I pity him. Its a different type of service there.

I haven't posted in 2 weeks and I have a lot of catching up to do as well as I need to send emails to several people. Sorry, I have the time, I've just been busy with other things like cleaning out my Red Roach Inn (literally). Hopefully, by this Wed., before I go up north for a week at an Artisans fair, I can catch up. To write a good email or blog, I have to do it at home with some coffee and music. The cyber cafe's here function often as Skype call centers, which is distracting.

P.S. I've been listening to alot of podcasts off ITunes. It's free, easy, and they have a large selection. My favorites are NPR: Koppel on the News, BBC Documentary Archive, Big Ideas, ESPN:PTI, and TedTalks(video). Drop me a line if you find anything I might be interested in.

No comments: